Current coping mechanisms
These days are rough times, the news is an avalanche of bad story after bad story, with a few notable exceptions; I thought I’d share some things that are helping me get through.
- Comedies. I’ve gone back to sit coms and am watching The Good Place and usually guffaw every episode.
- Science fiction. Reading about another world, place, or time and how difficulties can be overcome is always good for my well being. (Current book is the latest Ann Leckie.)
- Cutting back on alcohol. This may seem counter intuitive, but it means I sleep better and feel better and deal with my emotions as they come.
- Crochet. My new meditation form, where it’s me and counting stitches.
- Leaving my house. Since I work from home it’s easy to become a hermit in the winter months, but I’m trying to get out and see people or at least walk around every day.