My experience and expertise
I’ve worked on the web for over a decade and spoken at conferences such as SmashingConf Whistler, and dsgnday, as well as written for industry-leading publications, such as A List Apart. This has given me insight not only into my own projects but also the challenges and solutions others have faced.
I've worked with teams such as:
- The New York Times
- Thomson Reuters
- Fictive Kin
- Cloud Four
I cut my teeth writing markup and CSS, gradually moving into leadership roles, primarily working with CSS, HTML, and accessibility. I eventually turned my focus to creating design systems based on team needs, figuring out how to maintain and keep them relevant. This is the work I love—helping organizations meet their goals as efficiently as possible while keeping humans happy and the web accessible.
If you want to know a little more about me, check out these articles, podcasts, and speaker videos.
- November 2015, dsgnday, Collaborative Style Guides
- June 2015, Future Insights Live, CSS Audits: Take back control of your CSS
- December 2014, SmashingConf Whistler, Style Guides: Why Bother? (slides and video)
- September 2013, Refresh Portland, Style Guides: Why I Love Them
- Creating Style Guides on A List Apart
- CSS Audits: Taking Stock of Your Code on A List Apart
- Creating a Type Style Guide on Typekit's blog
- Regular blog posts on A List Apart
- 2015 Pastry Box Baker
- Various posts on Bocoup's blog
Podcasts & Interviews
Want to work together? Get in touch and let me know about your project.