Style guide links
As a follow up to my article on A List Apart I thought I would put together a list of links that have been extremely helpful to me as I’ve thought about style guides. So here we go:
- Starbucks’s guide
- Yelp’s guide
- South Tees Hospital
- Anna Debenham’s 24 Ways article
- Anna Debenham’s post on style guides
- Anna Debenham’s Gimmebar collection
- Code for America Guide
- A List Apart blog post on their pattern library
- Pattern Lab
- All the links that Jeremy Keith has on his site tagged with style guide
- The deck from the talk I gave last September
- Android guide, includes content standards too!
- Round up of style guide generators, if that’s your thing
- Round up of style guide generators by workflows
- Style guide driven development talk from Pivotal Labs
- Me, yammering on a podcast about style guides
- Lonely Planets way to maintain a style guide
- Using Sass to generate your color palette
The real treasure in that list is the collection on Gimmebar that Anna maintains. There is a lot in there and I recommend taking a careful look through to see what is helpful for you.
I wish I could link up to Anna's Front-end Style Guides book, but with the closing of Five Simple Steps it isn't currently available. It is a great read and I am hopeful that Anna is working on a way to sell it herself. Anna has got her book up on her site! Yay! I highly recommend it.